Healthy Eating – ControversiesPosted: February 17, 2011
YES! Pick the right fat though:
- Mark Sisson says that while not all fats are created equal, “saturated fats serve critical roles in the human body.”
- The Weston A Price organization has a list of guidelines and dangers of eating low fat.
- Sue Gregg says Nourishing Traditions/The Weston A Price organization, has an incorrect balance of fats.
NOPE – not a good idea:
- Fiona Haynes writes for About.Com regarding the benefits of low fat cooking.
- Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition states that “The “bad” fats—saturated and trans fats—increase the risk for certain diseases.”
Interesting books/article on the subject:
- Gary Taubes wrote the book “Good Calories, Bad Calories.” ABC News had a few interesting things to say about the book.
- Dr. Bruce Fife wrote several books about the health benefits of coconut.
- NY Times
A few bloggers and their point of views:
- Katie at Kitchen Stewardship
- Laura at Heavenly Homeakers
- Kelly at The Kitchen Kop
- Melissa McEwen Hunt Gather Love
Don’t eat raw eggs:
Eggs are a good choice:
Wheat Bread, Soaked
- Mamma Blogger – Kelly the Kitchen Kop
It’s not ideal:
Sure, it’s okay if it’s white rice:
Soaked Rice Only:
Yes, soaked oats: High on Health
Yes: Healthy Food
Based on my research, I have come to the conclusion that NOBODY knows for sure what I should be eating. Personally, I’ve found that doing an elimination diet has helped me the most. I started eating just meat and vegetables for one week and then I started adding one new food in at a time. Using a journal, I wrote down what I ate and then recorded how different foods affected my energy levels, my sugar and/or salt cravings and noted any digestion issues.
I’ve noticed that when I eat meat, I have amazing amounts of energy. If I eat fat with my meat I have amazing amounts of energy and I don’t need to eat every two hours. If I eat oatmeal and no meat, then I’m tired a few hours later and STARVING/EATING – ALL DAY LONG! I plan to continue testing different foods. It takes some time to do this plan, but it’s the best diet plan available and it’s FREE!
Here are some posts about the elimination diet: